Platinum Certified Pre-Owned Program
PLATINUM CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED PROGRAMAT MERCEDES-BENZ OF CHICAGO
A vehicle from the Certified Pre-Owned program offers exceptional benefits to go with a world-class luxury vehicle. You can have complete confidence in these models, since they meet the rigorous standards set by Mercedes-Benz.
• Comprehensive Warranty Coverage – 1-year/unlimited-mile warranty in addition to the balance of the original new vehicle warranty.
• Nationwide Dealer Support – Access to warranty service from over 300 authorized Mercedes-Benz dealerships across the country.
• 24/7 Personal Assistance – You can get help for a flat tire, a dead battery, or information.
• Vehicle Exchange Privilege – The ability to exchange your Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz for another model within 7 days or 500 miles (whichever comes first).
• General Inspection – Mileage, history, and maintenance verification.
• Engine Compartment and Pre-Road Test Checks – All fluid levels are checked.
• Engine Component and System Condition Check – The engine is scrutinized to ensure that it performs as as it should.
• Electrical Systems and Function Test – All parts of the vehicle that require electricity are inspected.
• Undercarriage / Drive Train – Steering, suspension, brakes, tires, and driveshaft are all inspected.
What Makes a Mercedes-Benz a CPO Vehicle?
Like-new and thoroughly inspected, Mercedes-Benz CPO vehicles promise mechanical excellence and style on par with their new counterparts. To attain the Certified Pre-Owned status, Mercedes-Benz vehicles less than six years old are put through painstaking inspections, completed by Mercedes-Benz-certified technicians. Below, you’ll find a handful of the evaluations a prospective CPO vehicle must pass to earn its title:
• 11-Point General Inspection (includes structural damage inspection, mileage and history assessment, vehicle maintenance schedule verification, and more)
• 16-Point Engine Component Inspection (evaluates the emission control system, fuel injection system, fuel filter, spark plug, engine mount, and other crucial areas)
• 17-Point Undercarriage and Drivetrain Inspection (includes suspension inspection, brake rotors and pads inspection, wheel alignment and necessary adjustment, and more)
• 32-Point Appearance Inspection (examines paint, trim and moldings, screws, door edges and frames, lamp lenses, upholstery, and more)
• 14-Point Road Test Inspection (assesses the performance of instrumentation, engine, suspension systems, brake systems, and in-cabin features from the driver’s seat)
The Mercedes-Benz CPO Program is renowned for its inflexible standards, but Mercedes-Benz of Chicago goes the extra mile with the discerning Platinum CPO process. To ensure our Chicago customers receive the highest value possible, our Master technicians subject a select few pre-owned Mercedes-Benz models to a 150 Multi-Point Factory Certification, which includes a grueling 80-point inspection for the frame alone!
The Platinum process not only guarantees fully-inspected, like-new vehicles, it also includes the following advantages and perks:
• All Platinum vehicles have fewer than 55,000 miles on the odometer.
• Platinum-Certified vehicles receive Service A or B during inspection, which is listed on the inspection form and disclosed for your peace of mind.
• In addition to being priced well below their fully disclosed, original MSRPs, our Platinum vehicles include a 5-Year/Unlimited-Mile Certified Pre-Owned Warranty and 1-Year Roadside Assistance.
• CarFax reports come as part of the package, and provide specific information on mileage, current warranties, safety recalls, service and maintenance records, and more.
• If, for whatever reason, you’re unsatisfied with your Platinum-Certified vehicle, under Mercedes-Benz guidelines, you can exchange the vehicle within seven days.