Mercedes-Benz vs. BMW vs. Audi
Mercedes-Benzvs. BMW vs. Audi
When it comes to German luxury cars, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, and Audi are three of the biggest names in the industry. So, what are the results when you compare Mercedes-Benz vs. BMW vs. Audi? Mercedes-Benz of Chicago has done the homework for car shoppers in Evanston and Oak Park! Look below to see how popular models like the GLA, C-Class, GLC, and GLE fare against competitors from BMW and Audi.
|4 years/50,000 miles
||New Vehicle Warranty
||4-year/50,000-mile warranty for BMW and Audi
|7-day/500-mile Exchange Privilege
||Certified Pre-Owned Program
||Benefit Not Offered by BMW or Audi
|$69,200 Starting MSRP
||Mercedes-Benz CLS vs. BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe
||$81,500 Starting MSRP
|9-Speed Automatic Transmission
||Mercedes-Benz GLA vs. BMW X1
||8-Speed Automatic Transmission
|Standard Apple CarPlay
||Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupe vs. BMW X6
||1-year trial of Apple CarPlay
|Front Seat Memory
||Mercedes-Benz CLA vs. Audi A3
||Feature Not Offered
||Mercedes-Benz C-Class vs. Audi A4
|56.5 cubic feet of cargo space
||Mercedes-Benz GLC vs. Audi Q5
||53.1 cubic feet of cargo space
When it comes to warranties, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, and Audi are comparable. They all offer a 4-year/50,000-mile new vehicle warranty. Additionally, the three luxury brands also offer the same 1-year/unlimited mile CPO warranty that starts after the new vehicle warranty ends.
Certified Pre-Owned Program
The Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned Program offers exclusive benefits. While Mercedes-Benz, BMW, and Audi offer the same CPO transferable warranty and 24/7 roadside assistance, the Mercedes-Benz CPO program is the only program of the three that offers a 7-day/500-mile Exchange Privilege.
Mercedes-Benz vs. BMW
- CLS vs. BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe: The CLS comes with features that aren’t included on the BMW 6-Series, including a front passenger seat with memory and Car-to-X Communication — all for an MSRP that’s $12,300 lower.
- GLA vs. BMW X1: While the BMW X1’s engine generates 20 hp more than the Mercedes-Benz GLA’s engine, the GLA offers a smoother ride with its 9G-TRONIC® 9-speed automatic transmission. What’s more, the GLA is more cost-effective than the X1. The GLA starts at $33,950 MSRP, while the X1 starts at $34,950 MSRP.
- GLE Coupe vs. BMW X6: The GLE Coupe delivers a whopping 83 horsepower and 89 lb-ft of torque more than the BMW X6! The GLE offers additional interior features as well. Apple CarPlay® is standard on the GLE Coupe, while the BMW X6 gets a 1-year trial of the feature. Additionally, a 13-speaker sound system is also standard on the GLE Coupe — not the BMW X6.
Mercedes-Benz vs. Audi
- CLA vs. Audi A3: Although both are equipped with a 2.0L turbo 4-cylinder, the CLA generates 208 hp vs. the Audi A3’s 184 hp. Plus, the CLA alone boasts front-seat memory and ambient interior lighting.
- C-Class vs. Audi A4: While the C-Class and Audi A4 both are powered by a 2.0L 4-cylinder engine, the C-Class engine is considerably stronger, generating 255 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque. The A4 outputs 188 hp and 236 lb-ft of torque.
- GLC vs. Audi Q5: Compared to the Audi Q5, the GLC SUV’s starting MSRP is $2,250 less. It also offers more cargo space. While the Audi Q5 offers 53.1 cubic feet of space with the rear seats folded, the GLC provides 56.5 cubic feet.
Explore the Mercedes-Benz Lineup in Chicago!
Comparing Mercedes-Benz vs. BMW vs. Audi reveals the many strengths of Mercedes-Benz vehicles, such as performance, luxury, and value. Schedule a test drive at Mercedes-Benz of Chicago to decide for yourself what sets Mercedes-Benz apart. If you’re all set to begin the buying process, apply for financing online!