What’s the Difference Between Mercedes-Benz KEYLESS GO® and KEYLESS START®?
Has reviewing technology features for a new Mercedes-Benz model left you wondering, “What is Mercedes-Benz KEYLESS GO®, and how does it compare to KEYLESS START®?” An overview of the Mercedes-Benz KEYLESS START® vs. KEYLESS GO® systems finds SmartKey® features that make entering and operating your Mercedes-Benz a breeze. Discover how these Mercedes-Benz features can provide keyless entry and more with Mercedes-Benz of Chicago!
Mercedes-Benz KEYLESS START® vs. KEYLESS GO®
With both systems, you can avoid fumbling for your keys and simply leave your Mercedes-Benz SmartKey® in your pocket or bag. The real difference between the Mercedes-Benz KEYLESS® START vs. KEYLESS GO® is the number of ways you can interact with your vehicle without your key in hand:
- KEYLESS START®: If your Mercedes-Benz features KEYLESS START®, all you need to do to start your vehicle is step on the brake or press the Start/Stop button on the dashboard.
- KEYLESS GO®: The Mercedes-Benz KEYLESS GO® system takes the ease of KEYLESS START® and pushes it to the next level. The process of starting your vehicle is the same as KEYLESS START®, but KEYLESS GO® also gives Cook County drivers the ability to automatically unlock/lock the doors by just touching the handle.
How Do I Know If My Mercedes-Benz Has KEYLESS GO® or KEYLESS START®?
KEYLESS START® comes as standard on most of the Mercedes-Benz lineup. To access the KEYLESS GO® system, reach out to the team at Mercedes-Benz of Chicago. We can help you find a new Mercedes-Benz with the technologies you’re looking for.
How to Use Mercedes-Benz KEYLESS GO®
The Mercedes-Benz KEYLESS GO® system makes locking, unlocking, starting, and stopping a vehicle a snap for Chicago drivers. You even have the ability to close your windows and sunroof while outside your vehicle. See everything you can do without ever removing your SmartKey® from your pocket:
- Unlock the driver’s door by firmly grasping the handle, or grab a passenger door handle to unlock all the doors. Once in the driver’s seat, you’ll find a removable push button located in the ignition. Remove it to start your vehicle conventionally with your SmartKey®, or leave it to start and stop your vehicle with the push of a button.
- When you operate the Mercedes-Benz KEYLESS GO® system via the button, each press is like turning the key one position. One touch will turn on the vehicle’s accessories.
- Press the button a second time to turn on the dash lights and electrical systems of your Mercedes-Benz.
- To turn all features off, press the button a third time with your foot off the brake, or you can just open the door.
- If you want to start the engine, step on the brake and push the START/STOP button. To turn the engine off, shift to park and keep your foot on the brake. Then press the START/STOP button once more.
- Locking doors or closing the windows and roof from the outside is easy, thanks to a sensor located on the door handle. Simply press the sensor to lock the doors, and then leave your finger on it until the windows finish closing.
Enjoy the Ease of KEYLESS GO® and KEYLESS START at Mercedes-Benz of Chicago
Schedule a test drive to see how the Mercedes-Benz KEYLESS GO® system and KEYLESS START® system can improve your trips around Cook County. We can also give you an up-close look at other Mercedes-Benz technologies, such as mbrace® and ATTENTION ASSIST®.