What is Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST®?
The Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST® technology found in many new Mercedes-Benz vehicles can provide added peace of mind for your Chicago commute. Discover how the ATTENTION ASSIST® “take a break” feature works below, then get in touch with Mercedes-Benz of Chicago to experience how these Mercedes-Benz technologies function on Cook County roads.
How Does Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST® Work?
With the debut of the ATTENTION ASSIST® system, Mercedes-Benz has continued to raise the standard with another industry-first. Pairing an innovative sensor and precise algorithm, this system can tell if drivers are getting too drowsy to be on the roads. Here’s a quick overview of how the system works:
- It only takes a couple of minutes of driving for the system to assess your individual driving style. ATTENTION ASSIST® does so by evaluating your driving with over 70 different parameters.
- As you continue navigating Cook County, the system looks for specific steering corrections which are indicative of the beginning signs of driver fatigue.
- The intelligent ATTENTION ASSIST® system then considers and accounts for several external factors, including crosswinds and road conditions, as well as how you’re managing controls, buttons, and switches in the vehicle.
- After its assessment, if the system concludes that you’re experiencing drowsiness or driver fatigue, it will sound an alert and suggest stopping for a break.
Which Mercedes-Benz Vehicles Offer ATTENTION ASSIST®?
Chicagoland shoppers will find the ATTENTION ASSIST® system is available on most new Mercedes-Benz models, in addition to other active safety features like Blind Spot Assist and Lane Keeping Assist. Here are the models that currently offer ATTENTION ASSIST®:
- Cars: A-Class, C-Class, E-Class, S-Class, CLA, and CLS
- SUVs: GLA, GLC, GLE, GLS, and G-Class
- Roadsters: SLC, SL, and Mercedes-AMG® GT
- Commercial Vans: Standard on all Metris models
If you need assistance in selecting a Mercedes-Benz that offers ATTENTION ASSIST®, the knowledgeable associates at Mercedes-Benz of Chicago can help. We can walk you through our inventory of new, pre-owned, and certified pre-owned Mercedes-Benz models to find an option that meets your needs. Pay a visit to our Chicago dealership to get the process started.
Learn More About Mercedes-Benz Safety at Mercedes-Benz of Chicago
Explore other Mercedes-Benz safety features like PRESAFE® and Car-to-X Communication, or learn about other advanced technology offerings like mbrace® and KEYLESS GO® vs. KEYLESS START® at Mercedes-Benz of Chicago!