How to Set Your Tailgate Height Limiter
How do you limit the height of your trunk? There may be reasons for why you want to limit the opening height of your trunk, whether it is for your garage’s height or other reasons. Here’s how you can!
- The tailgate can only be programmed between half open and eight inches before fully open
- To set the height limit, let the tailgate open
- When it reaches the height you need, press and release the closing button to program the height limit you set
- Press and hold the closing button for 3 to 5 seconds until you hear a single tone
- Press and release the closing button again to close
- Pull the lever and let the tailgate open, It will now stop at the height limit you programmed
- To clear the program height limit, press and hold the closing button for 3 to 5 seconds
- This time you will hear 2 tones, this confirms the height limit is cleared
- Press and release the close button to close the tailgate
Visit Mercedes-Benz of Chicago
At Mercedes-Benz of Chicago, we are here to help! For additional assistance, call (312) 628-2319 or come visit us in store.