2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE Arrives at Mercedes-Benz of Chicago
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE recently made its debut at Mercedes-Benz of Chicago, much to the delight of auto experts and car enthusiasts alike who were all extremely excited for this SUV to hit the market. Offering powerful engine options, high-end features, and innovative technology, the newest GLE helps pave the way to the future of semi-autonomous driving.
2020 GLE Engines & Power
Paired with a 9G-TRONIC® 9-speed automatic transmission, the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE offers two different engine options that are both powerful and efficient.
- GLE 350 and GLE 350 4MATIC® SUVs: The GLE 350 and GLE 350 4MATIC® come equipped with a 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine that generates 255 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque. Both of these models will have the ability to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in an estimated 7 seconds.
- GLE 450 4MATIC® SUV: Under the hood of the GLE 450 4MATIC® is a 3.0L inline-6 cylinder turbo engine that produces 367 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque. The GLE 450 4MATIC® is estimated to be able to accelerate to 60 mph in 5.5 seconds.
2020 GLE Cabin Features
Just like its predecessors, the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE lineup offers plenty of elegant interior amenities and innovative safety and infotainment features. Some of these features include:
- KEYLESS START®
- Active Brake Assist
- ATTENTION ASSIST®
- A 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster and 12.3-inch touchscreen multimedia display
- Enhanced navigation with augmented reality technology
- Smartphone integration with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
- Car-to-X Communication
- Easy-Pack Tailgate
- And more!
Mercedes-Benz User Experience, or MBUX, is a new intelligent infotainment system that’s also available on the 2020 GLE. This feature is voice-powered and can learn driver preferences over time. To activate this feature, simply say, “Hey, Mercedes-Benz.” MBUX also understands indirect cues. For example, if you want MBUX to turn on the vehicle’s air conditioning, MBUX will understand to do so when you say, “It feels warm in here.”
2020 GLE Reviews
The 2020 GLE SUV’s performance specs and features are impressive — and experts surely agree. See what Autotrader and U.S. News have to say about this new Mercedes-Benz SUV:
- Autotrader: “The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class isn’t just another premium midsize SUV/crossover. It’s a gateway to the future of this entire class of vehicle.” The reviewer goes on to call the GLE “fascinating,” thanks to its ultra-high-strength steel body shell, shock absorbers with their own electric motors, and voice-controlled infotainment system.
- U.S. News: “Cutting-edge driver assistance and infotainment technologies point toward the future of semiautonomous – and even autonomous – driving. Familiar systems like adaptive cruise control and navigation have combined, allowing the GLE to become aware of traffic jams before your human eyes can react.”
Learn More About the 2020 GLE at Mercedes-Benz of Chicago
Contact us at Mercedes-Benz of Chicago to learn more about the newly unveiled 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE, and browse our GLE inventory online. Then schedule a test drive, or visit us in person today! During your visit, our knowledgable team can give you information on other future Mercedes-Benz models, like the 2020 EQC.